Save $1000 This Year: DAY SEVEN: Shop Clearance

I hope that you are well on your way in your quest to save $1000 (or more) this year! If you are looking to catch up on any of my previous post's just click here.

Hopefully at this point you are realizing that being an aware and organized shopper can lead to big savings.  Today I wanted to talk about shopping seasonal and clearance to help you optimize your savings.

I keep a container in my closet for keeping items that I pick up at their absolute rock bottom prices. For example, my oldest will be going to school in the fall so when I saw children's Valentine's on clearance for 25cents a box I was sure to grab some. Same with winter hats, also 25cents, gloves, other holiday cards and decorations, and oodles of curling ribbon (which I use a ton of for my business) at just 14cents a roll! I try to purchase clothing at the end of season/on clearance as well. This year I stocked up on the most adorable cords for my boys at just $2 a pair! Other items like home decor, jewellery, and even FOOD have their own seasons where you can get the best deals and keep a small budget for these items so you have the money when you find them. Here are some of the things to keep an eye out for at this time of the year:
  • Winter clothing
  • Jewellery (now that Mother's Day is over)
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Bottled Water
  • Salad Dressing and other condiments
  • LAST SEASONS patio furniture and outdoor decor
By shopping both in season for certain items (like produce) and end of season and clearance for others I estimate that I save, on average $10 or more a month.

$10/month=$120/year
Total Savings Day 1+2+3+4+5+6+7=  $1772/year
 

No comments:

Post a Comment